"UnitedHealth Group (UNH.US), with a market cap of $446.01 billion as of 23rd June 2023, is the largest healthcare company in the United States, offering diversified health and well-being services. Founded in 1977 by Richard Burke, the company has grown to become a Fortune 500 powerhouse. The company operates through two primary business segments: UnitedHealthcare, which provides health insurance coverage, and Optum, which offers health services such as data analytics, pharmacy benefits management, and technology solutions. UnitedHealth Group went public in 1984 and is listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
Over the years, UnitedHealth Group has expanded its services and solidified its position in the healthcare industry through strategic acquisitions and innovation. The company's success can be attributed to its focus on improving healthcare access, affordability, and quality for millions of people worldwide."
Within the past five years, UNH.US reached its highest stock price of $558.10 in October 2022, driven by strong financial performance, strategic acquisitions, and a positive outlook on the healthcare sector. On the other hand, the lowest stock price was recorded at $187.72 in March 2020, amid the uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the global economy.
To analyze the share price history and anticipate future trends, traders can employ various tools and indicators such as moving averages, Relative Strength Index (RSI), and Bollinger Bands. These tools help to identify potential entry and exit points, gauge market sentiment, and assess the stock's momentum.
Investors closely monitor the stock performance, considering both the competitive environment and broader industry trends when making investment decisions. By staying informed and utilizing available analytical tools, traders may better navigate the dynamic world of UnitedHealth Group's stock.
Before trading UnitedHealth Group's stock, it's essential to consider its competitors in the healthcare industry. They include:
- Anthem (ANTM.US): A leading health benefits provider, Anthem offers a wide range of insurance products and services through its affiliated companies.
- Cigna (CI.US): This global health service company provides insurance and related products, including medical, dental, behavioral health, and pharmacy benefit management services.
- Centene Corporation (CNC.US): This diversified, multi-national healthcare enterprise specializes in government-sponsored healthcare programs, catering to underserved and vulnerable populations.
- CVS Health Corp (CVS.US): A prominent healthcare company, CVS Health operates retail pharmacies, provides pharmacy benefit management services, and offers various healthcare solutions through its Aetna subsidiary.
By examining these competitors, investors may make well-informed decisions when trading UnitedHealth Group's stock, taking into account the competitive landscape and potential growth opportunities within the healthcare industry.
|Swap long||[[ data.swapLong ]] points|
|Swap short||[[ data.swapShort ]] points|
|Spread min||[[ data.stats.minSpread ]]|
|Spread avg||[[ data.stats.avgSpread ]]|
|Min contract size||[[ data.minVolume ]]|
|Min step size||[[ data.stepVolume ]]|
|Commission and Swap||Commission and Swap|
|Trading Hours||Trading Hours|
* The spreads provided are a reflection of the time-weighted average. Though Skilling attempts to provide competitive spreads during all trading hours, clients should note that these may vary and are susceptible to underlying market conditions. The above is provided for indicative purposes only. Clients are advised to check important news announcements on our Economic Calendar, which may result in the widening of spreads, amongst other instances.
The above spreads are applicable under normal trading conditions. Skilling has the right to amend the above spreads according to market conditions as per the 'Terms and Conditions'.
Why Trade [[data.name]]
Make the most of price fluctuations - no matter what direction the price swings and without capital restrictions that come with buying the underlying asset.