Qualify for Elective Professional status
If you meet two of the following criteria, you may be eligible to be treated as an Elective Professional Client.
Trade size & Volume
You have traded, in significant size, in the Forex/CFD markets or other leveraged products (e.g. indices, shares, spot FX, futures, options, other derivatives etc.) at an average frequency of 10 transactions per quarter over the previous four quarters (with Skilling and/or other providers).
Significant sized trades are classified as having a notional value of €10,000 for equities and €50,000 for forex, indices and commodities or equivalent in local currency.
Size of portfolio
The size of your financial instrument portfolio, defined as including cash deposits and financial instruments, exceeds €500,000 (or equivalent in your local currency).
Acceptable examples of savings and investments:
Cash savings, stock portfolio, stocks and shares ISA, trading accounts, mutual funds, SIPP (excluding non-financial instruments).
Unacceptable examples of savings and investments:
Company pension, non-tradable assets, property, luxury cars, jewellery.
You worked in the financial sector
Acceptable documents: Reference Letter, CV. We may ask you for details of your role and how it has provided you with sufficient knowledge and experience and may require you to provide evidence of this if necessary.
Qualify as an elective professional client to take advantage of lower margin rates and
waive protections designed for retail clients
|Asset class||Skilling Professional Clients||Skilling Retail Clients|
|FX (majors)||0.5 %||1:200||3.33 %||1:30|
|FX (minors)||1.0 %||1:100||5.0 %||1:20|
|Index (majors)||0.5 %||1:100||5.0 %||1:20|
|Gold||1.0 %||1:100||5.0 %||1:20|
|Stocks||10.0 %||1:10||20.0 %||1:5|
|Commodities||2.0 %||1:50||10.0 %||1:10|
|Cryptos||50.0 %||1:2||50.0 %||1:2|
Protections you’ll waive
- Leverage restrictions applicable to retail clients do not apply to professional clients. Please note: with higher leverage comes higher risk
- Negative balance protection does not apply for professional clients
- Provision of significant investor protection arising from the marketing, distribution of sale of CFDs, may not apply
- Compensation under ICF is not applicable with respect to professional clients
- Professional clients have the right to request to be classified as retail clients in order to obtain higher level of protection. We are not obliged to deal with the client on this basis unless the client requests higher protection
Apply for professional status
Open an account
Simply take a link and place it on any web-medium available to you.
Complete the form
With our simple onboarding, a client get can qualified in a matter of minutes.
Send the form and any supporting documentation to [email protected]