STMicroelectronics (STM.PA) is a leading global semiconductor company with a market cap of $43.54 billion as of 23rd June 2023. Founded in 1987 through the merger of SGS Microelettronica (Italy) and Thomson Semiconducteurs (France), the company has grown into one of the world's largest semiconductor manufacturers. Its product portfolio includes microcontrollers, sensors, power devices, and more, catering to diverse industries such as automotive, industrial, and consumer electronics.
The company was co-founded by Pasquale Pistorio, who served as its CEO until 2005, driving significant growth and innovation. STMicroelectronics went public in 1994, with its shares listed on the Paris, Milan, and New York Stock Exchanges. Over the years, the company has established a strong reputation for cutting-edge technology and strategic partnerships, positioning itself as a key player in the semiconductor industry.
In the past five years, STMicroelectronics' stock has seen notable highs and lows. The highest stock price reached was $53.53 in March 2023, indicative of strong financial performance and increased investor confidence. This peak can be attributed to the company's innovation, strategic partnerships, and expansion into emerging markets. Conversely, the lowest stock price touched $12.00 in January 2019, reflecting challenges faced by the company and the broader semiconductor industry at the time. Despite these setbacks, STMicroelectronics has demonstrated remarkable recovery and growth.
To analyze the share price history and predict future trends, traders can use various tools and indicators such as moving averages, Relative Strength Index (RSI), and Bollinger Bands. These tools help identify potential entry and exit points, as well as gauge market sentiment. Investors closely monitor the stock performance for potential growth and long-term gains, considering both internal factors and external market forces.
Before trading STMicroelectronics stock, it's essential to consider its competitors in the global semiconductor industry. Some of its competitors include:
- Texas Instruments (TXN.US): A leading semiconductor company, Texas Instruments specializes in designing and manufacturing analog and digital integrated circuits. It serves various industries, including automotive, communications, and consumer electronics.
- Infineon Technologies (IFX.DE): This German semiconductor manufacturer focuses on power management, automotive, and security solutions. Its product portfolio includes microcontrollers, sensors, and power devices.
- NXP Semiconductors (NXPI.US): As a global semiconductor company, NXP Semiconductors develops and manufactures mixed-signal integrated circuits for the automotive, industrial, and IoT markets.
- Analog Devices (ADI.US): This multinational semiconductor company designs and manufactures mixed-signal integrated circuits, with a focus on data conversion and signal processing technologies.
By examining these competitors, investors may make well-informed decisions when trading STMicroelectronics' stock, taking into account the competitive landscape and potential growth opportunities within the semiconductor industry.
|Swap long||[[ data.swapLong ]] points|
|Swap short||[[ data.swapShort ]] points|
|Spread min||[[ data.stats.minSpread ]]|
|Spread avg||[[ data.stats.avgSpread ]]|
|Min contract size||[[ data.minVolume ]]|
|Min step size||[[ data.stepVolume ]]|
|Commission and Swap||Commission and Swap|
|Trading Hours||Trading Hours|
* The spreads provided are a reflection of the time-weighted average. Though Skilling attempts to provide competitive spreads during all trading hours, clients should note that these may vary and are susceptible to underlying market conditions. The above is provided for indicative purposes only. Clients are advised to check important news announcements on our Economic Calendar, which may result in the widening of spreads, amongst other instances.
The above spreads are applicable under normal trading conditions. Skilling has the right to amend the above spreads according to market conditions as per the 'Terms and Conditions'.
What affects STMicroelectronics's share prices?
STMicroelectronics's share prices are affected by a variety of factors, from macroeconomic developments to changes in the company's fundamentals. Macroeconomic indicators such as inflation, interest rates, and GDP can have an effect on STMicroelectronics's share price. Similarly, any fluctuations or changes in the company's earnings reports or financial statements can also affect its stock price.
Who are the major shareholders of STMicroelectronics?
STMicroelectronics Holding NV is the major shareholder with 27.53 % of shares and 250,704,754 total shares held. Other major shareholders include Capital Research & Management Co. (World Investors) with 2.975 % of shares and 27,085,379 total shares held as well as BlackRock Investment Management (UK) Ltd., which holds 2.747 % of shares with 25,014,728 total shares.
These three shareholders make up a large portion of the ownership of STMicroelectronics and are key to understanding the dynamics of the company.
Does STMicroelectronics pay a dividend?
STMicroelectronics (ST) has announced that it will pay a dividend of US$0.24 per outstanding share, to be distributed in four quarterly instalments. This is great news for investors looking to increase their income and capitalize on ST’s strong financial performance. The first instalment will be paid out in the second quarter of 2023, with subsequent payments in the third, fourth quarters of 2023 and the first quarter of 2024.
Why Trade [[data.name]]
Make the most of price fluctuations - no matter what direction the price swings and without capital restrictions that come with buying the underlying asset.