It's important to know that you are trading with a trusted firm that has the protection of your funds at heart. Which is why we are proud to offer clients the security and peace of mind by insuring clients’ funds above the threshold provided by the Investor Compensation Fund (ICF) in the unlikely event of insolvency.
This insurance is included in your account with Skilling Limited and was purchased from Lloyd’s of London, one of the world’s leading providers of specialist insurance.
- This insurance gives coverage of up to 1 million Euro, or up to the aggregate limit purchased (subject to an excess amount as defined per applicable Policy).
- It is automatically provided to all retail, Skilling Limited clients. There is no need to register and it comes at no additional cost.
- This insurance covers claims from Eligible Clients suffering losses in the unlikely event of the insolvency of Skilling Limited.
- The insurance covers cash, all CFD positions, and securities.
- This policy is underwritten by ARCH 2012 and other participating syndicates at Lloyd’s of London.
Why choose Skilling?
Because we make trading simple and accessible to everyone in a transparent and secure environment.
Who is covered?
All retail clients of Skilling Limited are covered. Each Eligible Client of Skilling Limited can claim the insurance, subject to an excess amount and to the limit purchased as per the Policy evidence of cover.
Which Products are covered by the insurance policy?
The insurance covers cash, all CFD positions, and securities.
Does it have an expiry date?
Skilling Limited may withdraw the insurance at its discretion at any point in the future.
Does the insurance have a cost to me?
No, the account insurance is included with your Skilling account at no extra cost.
When will the insurance be triggered?
In the unlikely event of Skilling Limited’s insolvency, the insurance may be triggered thereafter subject to amounts paid out firstly by the Investor Compensation Fund.
How does Skilling hold my money?
Skilling Limited holds your funds in top-tier banks in segregated accounts. As a regulated financial institution, Skilling is proud to follow very strict guidelines when handling and safeguarding customer funds. We segregate customer funds away from operational funds. Customer deposits sit with central banks, credit institutions, or authorised banks and are spread across various institutions to mitigate concentration risk.
Would I still be eligible for the ICF protection?
Yes, this policy is in addition to the ICF scheme for eligible clients under Skilling Limited, our CySEC regulated entity.
Is the Skilling Insurance policy available to all clients?
The insurance covers all retail clients of Skilling Limited in case of insolvency, per the Policy and as described in the Policy evidence of cover.