Wells Fargo (WFC.US) is a multinational financial services company based in the United States. With a current market capitalization of $158.94 billion, Wells Fargo provides a wide range of banking, investment, and mortgage services to individuals, businesses, and institutions.
The company was founded in 1852 by Henry Wells and William Fargo and initially operated as a freight and banking company in California during the Gold Rush. Over the years, it expanded its services and became a prominent player in the U.S. banking industry. It went public in 1929 and has since grown to become one of the largest banks in the United States, serving millions of customers across the country.
Over the past five years, Wells Fargo stock has experienced fluctuations in its share price. The highest recorded price during this period was reached at $60.30 in February 2022, reflecting positive market sentiment and potential growth. Conversely, the lowest point occurred at $20.76 in October 2020, indicating market challenges or investor concerns.
It's important to note that share prices can be influenced by various factors, including economic conditions, industry trends, and company-specific news. Throughout its share price history, notable highlights may include regulatory issues, financial performance updates, leadership changes, and market reactions to industry events.
As share prices are subject to change, investors should stay informed about the latest market trends and news related to Wells Fargo. Conducting thorough research and consulting reliable financial sources may help individuals make well-informed decisions when considering trading this stock.
Before trading Wells Fargo stock, it is important to consider its competitors in the banking industry. Competitors worth evaluating include:
- JPMorgan Chase (JPM.US): A U.S based leading global financial institution, offering a range of banking services in various market segments.
- Bank of America Corporation (BAC.US): One of the largest banking and financial services companies in the US in retail and commercial banking.
- Citigroup Inc (C.US): A U.S based multinational investment bank and financial services corporation.
- U.S. Bancorp: A U.S based diversified financial services company, offering banking, investment, and payment services.
Analyzing the competitive landscape may provide insights into market dynamics, comparative strengths, and potential challenges faced by Wells Fargo. Also, thorough research on these competitors may help investors make informed decisions when considering trading this stock.
|Swap long||[[ data.swapLong ]] points|
|Swap short||[[ data.swapShort ]] points|
|Spread min||[[ data.stats.minSpread ]]|
|Spread avg||[[ data.stats.avgSpread ]]|
|Min contract size||[[ data.minVolume ]]|
|Min step size||[[ data.stepVolume ]]|
|Commission and Swap||Commission and Swap|
|Trading Hours||Trading Hours|
* The spreads provided are a reflection of the time-weighted average. Though Skilling attempts to provide competitive spreads during all trading hours, clients should note that these may vary and are susceptible to underlying market conditions. The above is provided for indicative purposes only. Clients are advised to check important news announcements on our Economic Calendar, which may result in the widening of spreads, amongst other instances.
The above spreads are applicable under normal trading conditions. Skilling has the right to amend the above spreads according to market conditions as per the 'Terms and Conditions'.
Why Trade [[data.name]]
Make the most of price fluctuations - no matter what direction the price swings and without capital restrictions that come with buying the underlying asset.