Volkswagen Group (VOW.DE) is a renowned German automotive manufacturing company with a current market cap of €73.16 billion. Founded in 1937 by the German Labour Front, Volkswagen has a rich history in the automotive industry. The company gained popularity with its iconic Beetle car and has since expanded its product range to include various well-known automobile brands.
It went public in 1961, allowing for wider ownership and investment opportunities. Today, the company is a global leader in the automotive sector, focusing on innovation, sustainability, and cutting-edge technologies. With a diverse portfolio of vehicles, the company continues to shape the future of mobility and remains committed to delivering high-quality, reliable, and environmentally friendly automobiles.
Over the past five years, Volkswagen Group stock has witnessed fluctuations influenced by market conditions and industry factors. The highest recorded price during this period was reached at €357.40 in March 2021, reflecting positive market sentiment and company performance. Conversely, the lowest point was observed at €99.16 in March 2020, potentially coinciding with market downturns or specific events.
Throughout its share price history, the company has experienced significant moments, such as earnings announcements, regulatory developments, and industry trends, which may have impacted its stock performance. Curiosities may include the influence of emission scandals, electric vehicle initiatives, and global economic conditions on the company's valuation. Given the dynamic nature of stock markets, it is essential to stay informed about the latest news and market trends when considering trading this stock. Conducting thorough research and consulting reliable financial sources may assist in making informed investment decisions.
Before trading Volkswagen Group stock, it's worth considering its competitors in the automotive industry. Some notable competitors to Volkswagen Group include:
- General Motors Company: With well-known brands like Chevrolet, Cadillac, and GMC, General Motors is a major player in the automotive industry and has a global presence.
- Ford Motor Company: Ford is a well-established automaker known for its popular vehicles and has a strong foothold in the North American market.
- BMW Group: BMW is a renowned luxury automobile manufacturer with a focus on premium vehicles, targeting a specific market segment.
- Daimler AG: The parent company of Mercedes-Benz, Daimler is recognized for its luxury vehicles and innovative technologies.
Considering the competition in the automotive industry may provide valuable insights into the market dynamics and help inform trading decisions related to Volkswagen Group stock.
|Swap long||[[ data.swapLong ]] points|
|Swap short||[[ data.swapShort ]] points|
|Spread min||[[ data.stats.minSpread ]]|
|Spread avg||[[ data.stats.avgSpread ]]|
|Min contract size||[[ data.minVolume ]]|
|Min step size||[[ data.stepVolume ]]|
|Commission and Swap||Commission and Swap|
|Trading Hours||Trading Hours|
* The spreads provided are a reflection of the time-weighted average. Though Skilling attempts to provide competitive spreads during all trading hours, clients should note that these may vary and are susceptible to underlying market conditions. The above is provided for indicative purposes only. Clients are advised to check important news announcements on our Economic Calendar, which may result in the widening of spreads, amongst other instances.
The above spreads are applicable under normal trading conditions. Skilling has the right to amend the above spreads according to market conditions as per the 'Terms and Conditions'.
Why Trade [[data.name]]
Make the most of price fluctuations - no matter what direction the price swings and without capital restrictions that come with buying the underlying asset.