Square Inc. (SQ.US) is a financial technology company based in the United States. It provides innovative payment and commerce solutions for businesses and individuals. Square was founded in 2009 by Jack Dorsey, also known as the co-founder and CEO of Twitter. The company offers various products and services, including Square Point of Sale, Cash App, Square Capital, and Square Online Store.
It went public in 2015, listing its shares on the New York Stock Exchange. Over the years, Square has experienced significant growth and has become a prominent player in the fintech industry. With its focus on empowering small businesses and simplifying financial transactions, the company has gained a reputation for its user-friendly solutions and disruptive approach to traditional payment systems.
Over the past five years, Square Inc. stock has displayed a diverse share price history. The highest recorded price during this period was reached at $289.23 in August 2021, reflecting positive market sentiment and growth potential. Conversely, the lowest point occurred at $32.36 in March 2020, indicating market challenges or investor concerns.
Throughout its share price history, notable highlights may include key partnerships, product launches, earnings reports, and market reactions to industry trends. Square Inc. has been at the forefront of digital payment innovations, disrupting traditional payment methods.
As share prices are subject to change, it is essential to stay informed about the latest market trends and news related to Square Inc. Conducting thorough research and consulting reliable financial sources may help individuals make well-informed decisions when considering trading this stock.
Before trading Square Inc. (SQ.US) stock, it's important to consider its competitors in the financial technology industry. Some notable competitors include:
- PayPal Holdings Inc. (PYPL.US), a leading online payment platform with a wide range of services.
- Shopify Inc. (SHOP.US), an e-commerce platform that enables businesses to build and manage their online stores.
- Stripe Inc., a global payment processor that focuses on providing seamless online payment solutions.
- Adyen NV (ADYEN.NL), a Dutch payment technology company offering integrated payment solutions for businesses.
These competitors operate in similar spaces, providing payment processing, digital commerce, and financial services. Each company has its unique strengths and market positioning, so understanding their offerings, market share, and growth potential is crucial when considering an investment in Square Inc.
|Swap long||[[ data.swapLong ]] points|
|Swap short||[[ data.swapShort ]] points|
|Spread min||[[ data.stats.minSpread ]]|
|Spread avg||[[ data.stats.avgSpread ]]|
|Min contract size||[[ data.minVolume ]]|
|Min step size||[[ data.stepVolume ]]|
|Commission and Swap||Commission and Swap|
|Trading Hours||Trading Hours|
* The spreads provided are a reflection of the time-weighted average. Though Skilling attempts to provide competitive spreads during all trading hours, clients should note that these may vary and are susceptible to underlying market conditions. The above is provided for indicative purposes only. Clients are advised to check important news announcements on our Economic Calendar, which may result in the widening of spreads, amongst other instances.
The above spreads are applicable under normal trading conditions. Skilling has the right to amend the above spreads according to market conditions as per the 'Terms and Conditions'.
What are the key drivers affecting Square, Inc.'s stock price?
Its stock price is influenced by various key drivers. One important factor is the performance and growth of its core businesses, including its merchant solutions and Cash App. Positive trends in these areas, such as increased adoption and transaction volume, could drive traders’ confidence and potentially boost the stock price.
Additionally, market trends and sentiment towards fintech companies could impact its stock valuation. External factors like regulatory changes, competition within the industry, and macroeconomic conditions could also influence the stock price. For example, inflation and interest rate hikes by the Federal Reserve have been cited as one of the reasons for scepticism towards the stock. It is important to consider a range of factors when analyzing the potential drivers behind Square, Inc.'s stock price movement.
Who owns the majority of Square, Inc. shares?
As of June 29, 2023, the top institutional shareholders and their respective holdings include:
1. Vanguard Group Inc: 34,329,857 shares (6.25% of the total shares).
2. BlackRock Inc: 29,725,443 shares (5.41% of the total shares).
3. FMR, LLC: 24,633,943 shares (4.48% of the total shares).
4. Morgan Stanley: 18,249,418 shares (3.32% of the total shares).
5. Wellington Management Group, LLP: 16,593,212 shares (3.02% of the total shares).
6. Sands Capital Management, LLC: 14,473,603 shares (2.63% of the total shares).
7. Capital World Investors: 11,368,613 shares (2.07% of the total shares).
8. State Street Corporation: 10,875,566 shares (1.98% of the total shares).
9. ARK Investment Management, LLC: 10,726,935 shares (1.95% of the total shares).
10. Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Holdings, Inc.: 10,377,309 shares (1.89% of the total shares).
Do Square, Inc. shares pay dividends?
No, Square, Inc. does not currently pay dividends to its shareholders (as of September 2023). The company has focused on reinvesting profits into growth and expanding its product offerings, rather than distributing them to shareholders in the form of dividends.
Traders often evaluate the stock's performance based on other indicators such as revenue growth, earnings per share, and potential capital appreciation. It's important to note that dividend policies could change over time, so staying updated with the latest information is always advisable before making any trading decisions.
Why Trade [[data.name]]
Make the most of price fluctuations - no matter what direction the price swings and without capital restrictions that come with buying the underlying asset.