Rite Aid Corp (RAD.US), with a market capitalization of $85.63 million as of July 5, 2023, is one of the leading drugstore chains in the United States. Founded in 1962 by Alex Grass, the company initially launched as a health and beauty store called Thrif D Discount Center in Scranton, Pennsylvania. It quickly expanded and transitioned into a full-fledged drugstore. Rite Aid went public in 1968.
Over the years, the company has seen substantial growth, acquiring several other chains to expand its footprint across the country. Today, it stands as a major player in the pharmaceutical retail sector, offering a wide range of products and services, from prescription drugs to general merchandise.
Rite Aid Corp stock has had a dynamic journey since the company went public in 1968. In the past five years, its stock has seen notable fluctuation. It reached an impressive high of $40.40 per share in July 2018, reflecting a period of strong growth and positive investor sentiment. However, by July 2023, the stock had fallen to a five-year low of $1.48 amidst challenging market conditions.
These fluctuations in price highlight the volatile nature of the stock market and the array of factors that can impact a stock's value. Traders looking to invest in Rite Aid Corp may consider using tools such as Candlestick Patterns, Elliot Waves and Support and Resistance to help predict future price movements and inform their trading decisions. These tools, along with careful analysis of market trends and the company's financial health, may provide valuable insights for investors
If you are considering trading Rite Aid Corp stock, it's essential to consider its key competitors in the retail pharmaceutical sector. They include:
- CVS Health Corporation (CVS.US), one of the largest healthcare companies globally, is a significant competitor with a strong market presence and diversified services.
- Walgreens Boots Alliance Inc (WBA.US) is another major player, known for its expansive network of retail pharmacies.
- Walmart Inc (WMT.US), though a broader retail giant, also has a robust pharmacy division that competes directly with Rite Aid.
- Kroger Co (KR.US) operates one of the largest supermarket-based pharmacy chains in the United States, making it a noteworthy competitor.
Understanding these competitors may provide valuable context and insight into the competitive landscape and potential market trends affecting Rite Aid's stock.
|[[ data.swapLong ]] points
|[[ data.swapShort ]] points
|[[ data.stats.minSpread ]]
|[[ data.stats.avgSpread ]]
|Min contract size
|[[ data.minVolume ]]
|Min step size
|[[ data.stepVolume ]]
|Commission and Swap
|Commission and Swap
* The spreads provided are a reflection of the time-weighted average. Though Skilling attempts to provide competitive spreads during all trading hours, clients should note that these may vary and are susceptible to underlying market conditions. The above is provided for indicative purposes only. Clients are advised to check important news announcements on our Economic Calendar, which may result in the widening of spreads, amongst other instances.
The above spreads are applicable under normal trading conditions. Skilling has the right to amend the above spreads according to market conditions as per the 'Terms and Conditions'.
Why Trade [[data.name]]
Make the most of price fluctuations - no matter what direction the price swings and without capital restrictions that come with buying the underlying asset.