HeidelbergCement AG is one of the world's leading building materials companies. The company was founded in 1874 by Johann Philipp Schifferdecker, a German entrepreneur who recognized the potential of cement to revolutionize construction and engineering.
Since then, HeidelbergCement has grown exponentially and today operates in 54 countries around the world. As of 2023, the company has a market cap of 13.35B EUR and is one of the largest publicly traded construction materials companies in the world. The company's products are used for a variety of construction projects ranging from residential housing to large infrastructure projects such as dams and bridges.
HeidelbergCement AG is one of the leading global producers of building materials, and its share price has seen a steady increase in recent years. The highest price this stock has ever reached was €109.58 on May 18th 2007. On Feb 27th 2009, it saw its lowest trading price when it dropped to €19.37. This sharp decrease was due to the global financial crisis that resulted in a slump in demand for building materials
HeidelbergCement AG is a leading global producer of cement and related building materials. By engaging in international trade, HeidelbergCement AG has been able to expand its reach and access important foreign markets. As the company grows and expands, it also faces competition from other companies around the world that are likewise engaged in the same business activities.
Companies that compete with HeidelbergCement AG in the cement and related building materials market include Cemex, LafargeHolcim, China National Building Material, CRH Plc., Anhui Conch Cement Co. Ltd., Taiwan Cement Corporation, Votorantim Cimentos S.A., Buzzi Unicem, Grupo Cementos De Chihuahua S.A.B. de C.V., and vicat S.A., among others. These companies operate in different countries and have different market strategies that they use to compete with HeidelbergCement AG in the global market for cement and related building materials.
|Swap long||[[ data.swapLong ]] points|
|Swap short||[[ data.swapShort ]] points|
|Spread min||[[ data.stats.minSpread ]]|
|Spread avg||[[ data.stats.avgSpread ]]|
|Min contract size||[[ data.minVolume ]]|
|Min step size||[[ data.stepVolume ]]|
|Commission and Swap||Commission and Swap|
|Trading Hours||Trading Hours|
* The spreads provided are a reflection of the time-weighted average. Though Skilling attempts to provide competitive spreads during all trading hours, clients should note that these may vary and are susceptible to underlying market conditions. The above is provided for indicative purposes only. Clients are advised to check important news announcements on our Economic Calendar, which may result in the widening of spreads, amongst other instances.
The above spreads are applicable under normal trading conditions. Skilling has the right to amend the above spreads according to market conditions as per the 'Terms and Conditions'.
What are the key factors that could influence the stock price of HeidelbergCement AG?
The key factors that could influence the stock price of HeidelbergCement AG include cost inflation, macroeconomic risks, financial performance indicators such as earnings and profitability margins, revenue growth, and market sentiment.
It is also important to consider industry trends, competitive positioning, and overall market conditions when assessing the stock price. Additionally, staying updated on news and developments related to the company could help identify potential influences on the stock price.
How do I manage risk when trading HeidelbergCement AG stock CFDs?
Here are some risk management techniques:
• Set a stop-loss order: Determine a level at which you will exit the trade to limit potential losses.
• Use proper position sizing: Calculate the appropriate position size based on your risk tolerance and account balance.
• Diversify your portfolio: Spread your investments across different asset classes to reduce exposure to a single stock.
• Stay updated on news: Keep track of company announcements, industry news, and market trends.
• Use trailing stops: Adjust stop-loss orders as the stock price moves in your favour to protect profits.
• Monitor leverage: Control the amount of leverage used and avoid excessive exposure.
Remember, risk management is an ongoing process, and it's essential to adapt your approach as market conditions change.
What are the pros and cons of trading HeidelbergCement AG stock CFDs?
• Accessibility: CFDs allow traders to access HeidelbergCement AG stock without needing to own the underlying asset.
• Leverage: CFDs offer leverage, allowing traders to amplify their exposure with a smaller initial investment.
• Short selling: CFDs enable traders to profit from falling prices by short-selling the stock.
• Counterparty risk: Trading CFDs involves dealing with a broker, exposing traders to counterparty risk.
• Potential losses: Leverage can lead to significant losses if trades move against the trader.
• Limited ownership rights: CFD traders do not have voting rights or entitlements like dividends associated with owning the actual stock.
It's important to carefully consider these factors and assess personal risk tolerance before trading CFDs.
Why Trade [[data.name]]
Make the most of price fluctuations - no matter what direction the price swings and without capital restrictions that come with buying the underlying asset.