A guide to strategy profiles and copy trading accounts in cCopy
When starting out in copy trading, traders and investors need to first understand how to evaluate the potential strategies available to them to follow. The first step is one of searching and selecting the strategy or strategies most suitable for you. In order to determine this, you need to understand and analyze the information available to you through the Strategy Profile.
The Strategy Profile is essentially a snapshot of and insight to all the information you need to understand the performance to date of the strategy, the potential risk involved with following the strategy and the present provider’ costs for copy trading.
How to search strategy profiles when copy trading
In Skilling cCopy, strategies can be searched by name or by using the available filters.The list can be filtered by the account type (Demo or Live), ROI percentage, and Timeframe. Using the “More filters” function, one can in addition filter for the strategy age, Management Fee amount, Performance Fee amount, Volume Fee amount, number of copiers, or Copying Capital amount. Finally, in the top right corner, one can sort the results by ROI, Copiers or Copying Capital (Live).
To see more details about a strategy profile before following with a copy trading account, an Investor can click on a strategy from the list to expand its profile. At The very top of the Strategy profile the following information is provided:
- Strategy name
- cTrader ID of the Strategy Provider
- Strategy All Time ROI percentage
- Total number of pips the Strategy won
- Number of copiers following the strategy
- Strategy age from the moment it started being provided
To see even more details, click on the Strategy Provider’s name to expand the list of all the strategies of the Provider with additional information, such as:
- Total Copying Capital - the total amount of funds traded across all the strategies of the Provider.
- Active since - the date when a Provider started providing his first strategy.
- Average Profit - the average profit of all the Provider’s strategies.
- Total Own Funds - the total funds the Provider.
- Current Copiers - the total number of the copiers that are following all the Providers strategies at the moment.
- All Time Copiers - the total number of copiers that followed the strategy since it was created.
How to read charts on cCopyCharts are important for evaluating the strategies for which you intend to invest in . Each Strategy profile contains a selection of charts for easier tracking of the strategy data. Scroll down the profile page to view them all. The following charts are available: ROI (%), Equity, ROI (Monthly), Volume Breakdown, and Copiers. To view the exact information at the required point simply hover the mouse over the charts.
ROI (%)The ROI (%) chart displays the time on the X-axis and the profit percentage on the Y-axis. This chart displays the income percentage the strategy has generated during the chosen period. The chart takes into consideration the account balance the strategy had at the beginning of this time period and allows you to view it in timeframes from 1 week up to all-time.
EquityThe Equity chart displays time on the X-axis and the cash value on the Y-axis. This chart shows the changes in the account equity concerning the account balance over the chosen time period. This chart is particularly important for understanding the strategy’s risk factor and its historical drawdown.
DetailsIn the section for strategy details (on the right hand side), one can see the strategy name, currency, and leverage, as well as the copying conditions (Fees and Minimum Investment). *Please note you do not need to have the same account currency as the Provider you are following. You can copy the strategy regardless of account currency.*
UnderConditions you can find all the basic information, investment size and fees for copying the strategy:
- Minimum Investment - a minimum amount of funds (equivalent in your account currency) required to be allocated from a trading account to a Copy Trading Account in order to start copying the strategy. The funds cannot be withdrawn from the Copy Trading Account if it results in equity falling below the Minimum Investment while the strategy is being copied.
- Performance Fee - a percentage charged for copying the strategy on net profit made, using a “High-water Mark” model.
- Management Fee - a percentage that a Strategy Provider will charge the Investors for managing their funds (annual rate).
- Volume Fee - an amount an Investor will be charged per one million of USD (or equivalent in other currencies) volume copied.
The ROI (Monthly) chart displays the income percentage the strategy has generated in each month since the account was created.
In the Summary section (on the right hand side), the basic statistics of the key financial figures of the account behind the strategy is displayed:
- Net Profit - the total Net profit of the account.
- Profit Factor - the ratio of the total Net Profit divided by the total Net Loss of the strategy.
- Percent Profitable - the number of winning trades divided by the total number of trades.
- Max Balance Drawdown - the maximum amount of the balance drawdown.
- Starting Balance - the account balance when the account was created.
- Current Balance - current account balance.
- Equity - the account balance minus Unrealized Net Loss plus Unrealized Net Profit.
- Deposits - the total deposits of the account.
- Withdrawals - the total withdrawals from the account.
- Margin Used - the maximum margin between the sum of all long or all short positions used.
- Active Since - the date when the strategy was provided for copying.
The Performance chart displays the correlation between the winning and losing trades of the strategy. One can use the time toggles to switch to the desired period.
The Performance Stats contains all the trade details of the strategy: Total Trades - the total number of trades.
- Winning Trades - the total number and percentage of the winning trades of the strategy.
- Long - the total number and percentage of all the long winning trades.
- Short - the total number and percentage of all the short winning trades.
- Losing Trades - the total number and percentage of all the losing trades.
- Long - the total number and percentage of all the long losing trades.
- Short - the total number and percentage of all the short losing trades.
The Volume Breakdown information and pie chart display the symbols of the instruments that the provider is trading under the strategy and their traded volumes. The volume pie chart provides a visual breakdown of the percentage makeup of each symbol relative to the total volume.
The Volumes section (right hand side) displays all the strategy traded volumes statistic:
- Total traded volumes
- Total copied volumes
- Volumes copied by Live accounts
- Average volume amount traded per day
- Average volume amount copied per day
The Trades information is displayed in the Trades tab. This information can be filtered by any time period where figures are in account-currency unless otherwise stated. The statistics are divided into All Trades, Long Trades and Short Trades:
- Net Profit - net realized Profit of all trades.
- Profit Factor - a ratio of Total Net Profit divided by Total Net Loss.
- Commission - total amount of commission paid to the broker.
- Max Balance Drawdown - maximum consecutive losses that the strategy had, expressed as a percentage of the Account Balance at the time that the losses occurred.
- Total Trades - total amount of closed positions.
- Winning Trades - total amount of winning trades.
- Largest Winning Trade - the closing deal with the largest positive result.
- Losing Trades - total amount of losing trades.
- Largest Losing Trade - the closing deal with the largest negative result.
- Average Trade - an average profit for all trades.
- Sharpe Ratio - a ratio that measures risk-adjusted-performance. It is calculated by dividing the strategy’s return by the strategy’s standard deviation of returns.
- Sortino Ratio - an alternative to the Sharpe ratio, using a downward deviation instead of standard deviation.
- Total Pips Won - a total number of Pips that the strategy won.
- Average Pips Won Per Trade - Total Pips divided by the number of trades.
- Average Trade Duration - the total length of time that the account had an open trade divided by the number of trades.
- USD Volume Traded - total amount traded in USD.
The Copiers chart displays the statistics of the followers of the strategy. Number of Current Copiers, All Time Copiers, and the total amount of Copying (Live) Funds.
The Symbols tab is based on statistics for closed trades within a specified timeframe, which can be adjusted using the filter. Information on Trades, Pips, Net Profit, Won and Lost percentages are presented in each column per symbol.
Positions & history
In the Positions table and the History table, the current open positions or the historic positions of the strategy are listed. Please note that a Strategy Provider may choose to display this information only to clients following the strategy.
How to use your copy trading account
The strategy description is provided by the Strategy Provider, and gives you all key information on the strategy's conditions and purpose. Once you’ve selected the strategy to follow, and a copy trading account is automatically created for copying, you need to use this information available to you to best manage your copy trading activity.
Just like with any investment, you need to continuously monitor performance and adjust your own copying methodology if performance on a selected strategy turns out to not match your own financial objectives or risk tolerance. Your copy trading account is a reflection of your decision to invest in a strategy after reviewing the profile details available to you and deciding that it's right for you.
Not investment advice. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance.