Trading Insights: Expect increased volatility over the next 48 hours
Major economic data due to be released over the next two days
- Thursday July 6th: US JOLTs
- Friday July 7th: US Nonfarm payrolls (NFP)
Latest development moving markets
Released yesterday: US FOMC minutes suggest increasing chances for higher US interest rates.
Risk appetite appears to have slowed as traders adjusted to the increased prospects that despite signs US inflation is slowing, the situation is that inflation remains elevated.
Buy the dips or get defensive?
The short term “risk off” conditions could be a short term correction, while longer term trends appear to remain intact.
The underlying economy remains healthy which could further support the case for the Fed to hike rates further, since with a still strong jobs market the economy looks well positioned to handle higher rates.
Market Movers last 5 days:
Silver up 2.7% last 5 days
USD vs the JPY lower last 5 days
Brent Crude Oil higher last 5 days
Germany 40 Index lower last 5 days
Do you have an opinion on where financial markets are heading? Express your opinion and trade with CFDs.
Today’s economic calendar
US JOLTs Job Openings release expected to play a key role in today's USD price action
- The JOLTs report measures all the open US Job positions that need to be filled on the last day of the month
- JOLTs data offers traders and investors insights into the strength of the US economy since higher JOLTs imply that companies need more people i.e. better economic conditions. In contrast, falling JOLTs imply that companies need fewer people to work.
Source: TradingView / J. Knobel July 6 2023 6:00 UTC
Trading insights & strategy
S&P 500 trending
Higher tops and higher bottoms on price suggest an uptrend, current price remains contained within its multi-month upward sloping price channel.
- Current price $4,434
- Upside prospects for an extension toward $4,530
- Downside risk below the internal upward sloping trendline spotted at $4,405 (see chart) could increase the risk for a deep price correction of the prevailing uptrend, which could expose the lower 4,215s.
Not investment advice. Past performance does not guarantee or predict future performance.
Chinese property giant Evergrande's default places additional pressure on stocks. Oil prices dip while US treasury yield...
Bank of Japan made the decision to keep rates in negative territory earlier today, bolstering the EUR/JPY and USD/JPY cu...